Welcome to the Health and Media blog site - we welcome your comments and/or articles on health issues.


December 04, 2007

"Journalists need training here too"

Email from: Steven Chongo Mpuku, Journalist, Zambia

I am a journalist at a local Community radio station right here in Zambia. I am involved in reporting on and making radio programmes on health health issues. I came across your website, www.healthandmedia.org, this morning and, what surprised me is that, among the African countries that you have provided in-country training for, Zambia is not one of them. I feel Zambia should be included given the high prevalence of HIV over here.

Zambia has a 16% HIV+ rate. More than 1million people are infected.

With this, I think Journalists here should be better equipped with more Knowledge and better skills so that they can contribute positively to the fight against this pandemic.

I hope you give it a thought.

0 click here to comment: